Friday, November 21, 2008

Just One More...

Just two more hours of work left and then it is cleaning time for me. I am going to go crazy cleaning our house this afternoon and evening. I have been so busy with school and everything else lately that our house has not had a deep cleaning for awhile. I would really like to put this off for a few more weeks until my classes are done, but since I will be hosting my first EVER thanksgiving dinner cleaning is a must. I am excited and a little freaked out all at once. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I am not much of a cook. I actually enjoy doing it, but the problem is that I like to cook new things and Ryan is a very picky eater. He hardly eats anything, so it is not much fun for me to cook the same old things all the time. I definitely will cook more once we have little ones, that way I don't feel like I am wasting the effort all on me. Maybe one day I will get Ryan to expand his horizons a little too. I have not decided exactly what the menu will be besides the basics, so any input would really be appreciated. I am completing my menu this weekend and going shopping on Sunday. My mom is coming over Thursday morning to help me since this is my first time cooking a turkey and stuffing. I guess she wants to make sure we have an edible dinner. ;) So we will be having brunch at Ryan's family and then all my family is making the trip from Illinois to our house for dinner. I am so excited to show them our new basement set up and for once Ryan and I will not be running around all day from house to house.

On another note I have some exciting news I will share next time I blog, so until then, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

Exciting new, heh! E-mail me!!

And good luck with the cooking.:)