Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I think this will be a good way to participate in Kelly's run on Simple Pleasures.

There are a lot of things I am thankful for and I could go on and on, but today let's address those simple pleasures that just give you that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

*When my family comes and visits us.
They only live about 45 minutes away, but I get so excited when any of them come to visit. Besides just the fact that I miss them, I think I love it so much because they are getting to see my life. When I go there it is my childhood home and things that are familiar to us all. But when they come here they get to see what is also familiar to me now. Sounds kinda silly I know, but I love it.

*When my dog cuddles up to me in the early morning.
He usually sleeps by my husband, I think this is because I roll all the time and it annoys his peaceful slumber. But in the morning after Ryan gets out of bed Brodie sometimes gets under the covers and rests in the curve of stomach. It makes me melt.

*When I let someone in during traffic.
I just love the feeling of being nice, it puts a smile on my face, so I do it every chance I get. I don't think I could be a mean driver if I wanted to be.

*When my husband sends me a romantic or cute text just because.
I love the surprise element, it makes my heart smile.

*When my nephew tells me he misses me on the phone.
Okay who wouldn't love to hear the words "Aunt Licia it's been forever since I have seen you (this was 4 days) I miss you. Can you please come here right now?"

*When I take a warm bubble bath.
It is so relaxing to sit there with with a yummy smelling candle, some bubbles, and a good book and just get away.

*When the sun is shining.
I don't think I ever realized how much my attitude depends on this. Lately there has not been much sunshine and it is bringing me down. This lady needs sunshine.

*When I hold a baby.
I love the feeling of little baby in my arms. I can feel my heart swell. It reminds me each time how much I want to be a mother, I hope that God has it in his plans for me.

1 comment:

Lyryn said...

Holding a baby is the best! I can't wait to hold mine!

I tried to email you in response to your comment on my blog, but for some reason my email is having issues! I just wanted to thank you for the amazing comment you left and such encouraging words! You and people like you is why I write. Thanks for being a sister! :)