Thursday, June 10, 2010

Big News Reveal...............

Yep, it's what your thinking. I am ready to share the gender of Baby R with all of you!

Let me take you back to the first ultrasound (not technically the first one, but one where we could possibly find out the gender). It was Friday May 14th and I was 16 weeks. We were going for part one of our 4D ultrasound. We bought the package where you go once around 16-20 weeks and then later on again at the time of your choice. We were told that she would only tell us a gender if she was 100% sure. So we went in and immediately saw our LO on the screen moving around like crazy. She said that since she could see everything so well I could go ahead and empty my bladder. I was thrilled I already felt as if I were going to pee my pants! Once I got back in the room she started showing us all the parts of our LO. Then she said "I'm 98%, nope 100% sure what you are having, do you still want to know?" We said "Yes of course," and she told us. I was shocked, it was what Ryan said all along. I immediately started bawling (tears of joy of course), we were hugging, it was definitely a great moment. We asked if she had ever told anyone one gender at 16 weeks and it changed, she said she is proud to say she has NEVER been wrong in 25 years. Wow, we were impressed. Still I wasn't sure we should share the news with everyone until later. (A later post on the gender reveal party.) The ultrasound went on and we got to marvel at our precious baby. We left with a bag full of pictures and a CD of everything set to lullabies (not gonna lie I have seriously watched it 10 times at least in the last month).

Now we are at the ultrasound last Thursday June 3rd,  I am 19 weeks and this one is at the OB office. We told the ultrasound tech that we had a 4D and they told us what it was. We have heard so many stories of people finding out early and it was not correct so we were not going to share and wanted to see what she said. She went about the exam where she measures and checks everything and then she said "Well I can tell you for sure what you are having, so let's see if what you were told first was correct." And we hear you're.........












This is what we were told the first time and we were still so thrilled! We have already purchased her furniture and bedding. I will sharing the start of her room very soon. We also have it narrowed down to two names, I prefer one, he prefers the other. We will be sharing it with our friends and family as soon as one of us gives up the battle we figure it out. I haven't decided if I will share with the blogger world or wait until her arrival. We shall see....

20 weeks today, halfway there to meeting our sweet baby girl!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Congrats!! I find out in 18 days...can't wait! At my 13w u/s they guessed boy for me!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

AHH! GIRLS ARE AWESOME!!! YAY!!

Tracey said...

Congrats!! Reading this makes me excited for the day when I can find out what I am having!

gv said...

Yah for a baby girl! Congrats!!!

Alaina @ Three Ladies and a Dad said...

Girls are sooo much fun! Shopping and manicures...it's great! Congratulations!

PS...We are going to be in town on the 18th. Dinner with all of us?

Todd and Marianne said...

Congratulations on your little girl! Our stories are almost identical. We had an early u/s and were afraid that they were wrong about the baby being a girl. Thankfully, they were right! It looks like we're due right around the same time, too. Hope you're enjoying your pregnancy! :-)

Mrs. Mama said...

How exciting! We find out on THURSDAY! And I am thinking it may be a girl... just a hunch! How exciting that we are so close together :)